The Heritage Village and Farm Museum
The Sugar Shack
The Sugar Shack was originally was operated on a nearby farm. Contains early tree tapping equipment, wooden yokes and wooden carrying buckets, large vat for boiling down sap to syrup and various containers. Outside is an oxen drawn sled with large tub for gathering the sap during the snowy winters.
The Barber Shop was moved to the village in May of 2009 from nearby Columbia Crossroads. Wendall Judson at age 5 in 1930 received a haircut from “Barber Porter” for twenty-five cents. By 1943 it was no longer a barbershop, over time it was used as a bachelor residents and for storage until moved and restored to it’s present location.
The Thomas One Room School House
The Thomas One Room School House was originally built around 1844. In 2007, the school house was disassembled, then reconstructed on the museum grounds. It still houses the original coal stove, primitive “black board,” several kinds of student desks and antique textbooks.
The Carriage House
The Carriage House is a 125 foot long historic building that was moved to the museum grounds in May of 2005. It houses over 50 carriages, sleighs and wagons. One of the best carriage and sleigh collections in the Twin Tiers!
The "Little" Children's Church
The "Little" Children’s Church, in 1937 a group of children transformed a chicken coop into a church. This church was featured in the April 17, 1939 issue of Life Magazine. It was moved to the museum grounds in 2007 with the original furnishings.
The Gregory Inn
The Gregory Inn was built in 1822 for stagecoach travelers between Elmira, NY and Williamsport, PA (north and south); and Athens, PA to Wellsboro, PA (east and west). In 1854 the New Central Railroad was built and its passengers used the Inn as well.
The Heritage Village and Farm Museum undertook the project to move and restore the historic Dr. William Campbell's Office. Dr. William Campbell (1870-1942) of East Smithfield was a well-known physician in the area, practicing from 1900-1940. The building was built in 1896 by Wm. Chamberlain. This project was supported by funding from Bradford County.
Dr. William Campbell's Office
Displays of large and small farm machinery and tools, individual rooms showing: blacksmith shop, tin shop, winter workroom, general store, children’s games, Grange, game commission artifacts, farm kitchen, very large collection of model tractors, Revolutionary war items, areas for flax and loom demonstrations, history of local fair and special exhibits change yearly.
If you're interested in an Annual Building Sponsorship, please email heritagevillage231.@gmailcom with more information.